Jess the Celebrant
Let Me Introduce Myself!
“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”Anon
Choosing to have a celebrant-led ceremony on your big day, whether that be a wedding, naming day, or a renewal of your vows, is a BIG DEAL. It’s a break from tradition and you’ll probably find a few people look a you disapprovingly when you tell them that you are having a ‘different’ kind of ceremony. That’s why it’s really important that you find a celebrant that has your back, and that understands exactly how you want your ceremony to feel. Your chosen celebrant needs to also become a friend.
Before you agree to have me as your celebrant we’ll always get together, in person if we can, or over a Zoom call, so that you can see if we ‘click.’ But if you are just having an initial nosey at my website and want to see if you think there’s a chance we’ll get along, here’s a few facts about me to give you a little idea of what makes me happy!
- Dogs – I have always been a huge dog lover. I grew up with English Bull Terriers (yes, that’s the ugly ones from Oliver!) and I now have a wonderful 11 year old Boston Terrier called Ian.
- Sunshine – I’m definitely a summer person. I’m never happier than when I am lying on a beach with good book, listening to waves crashing. I used to run my own holiday company just so I could do this as much as possible! Winter really is quite annoying for me!
- Gin – Who doesn’t love an ice cold G&T on a summers day (see above)? I love a good gin festival and my favourite gins include Cotswolds Gin, Monkey 47 and Aber Falls. Pink grapefruit and loads of ice are my favourite garnishes. Delicious!
- Comedy – I have always been a massive fan of stand up and comedy shows. I grew up with Vic and Bob and I’m not ashamed to say that Bob Mortimer is probably my guilty crush. How can you not love him?!
- Family – I have two sisters I am very close to and lots of lovely nieces and nephews. My son Jonah is the light of my life and I love nothing more than a big family gathering.
- Music – I grew up in the 90s, so Britpop was huge for me. I walked down the aisle to ‘Bittersweet Symphony’ on my wedding day and I still remember the halcyon days of queuing for hours to get to the front of Oasis gigs. These days, my taste is fairly eclectic, but I also have a great love for Fleetwood Mac. I love helping couples choose music for the big day.
I hope this has given you a bit more of an idea what I’m about. If you want to get to know me more, or discuss your requirements for your ceremony, whatever the occasion, get in touch.